The Room is where you will later manage your social wall. To start, click on your Room to open it. If you haven't created a Room yet, do so by clicking on «New Room» on your contentfry dashboard.
Step 1: Add a Connection
The first step to getting your social wall up and running is adding a Connection. Let's get started.
1. The Connections panel can be found on the left-hand side of the page. It is where you add Connections to contentfry. To start, click on the icon of the network from which you want to collect content:
In our example, we want to collect content from Instagram.
2. Most platforms require an authentication. Please provide your login credentials for the social network if prompted to do so. Click the "Log In" or "Authorize" buttons to continue:
In our example, we want to connect our Instagram to contentfry.
3. You now can see the authorized profile in the dialog box. Different social profiles can be connected and used within a team:
In our example, the user "Valérie" has created a Connection to Instagram.
4. Now select the desired Connection type from the top tabs and then fill out the required fields.
In our example, you can select a hashtag or a user as a Connection type.
In our example, we want to aggregate content with hashtag #cfhiking from Instagram.
6. Decide whether or not you want to review the aggregated content before it's publicly displayed on your Hub or your Screen.
Moderation «on»: posts must be approved before they are publicly displayed
Moderation «off»: posts will directly be public
Then click on "Create" to complete adding the Connection:
In our example, we chose to moderate the content before it's publicly displayed.
7. You have added your first Connection! contentfry now searches and collects the corresponding contents. This may take a few seconds. Then you are ready for the next step: Moderation.
Step 2: Moderate contents
If you enabled the Moderation on your Connection settings, all new contents will be displayed as pending in your dashboard.
Example of content that should be moderated. Status: pending.
Click on the green box below the post to approve it. The status at the top right of the post turns green. This content is now publicly displayed on your Website or Screen.
Click on the red box below the post to deny it. The status at the top right of the post turns red. This content is not publicly displayed on your Website or Screen.
Example of approved posts.
Learn how to make the most of contentfry's Moderation by viewing the Moderation Section in our Help Center.
Step 3: Create a Display
After creating a Room and adding content it's time for you to decide how you'd like all of that content to appear. Contentfry allows you to style your content through the use of any number of pre-built Displays.
To begin, click on the Display panel on the left-hand side of your dashboard. There are a number of pre-built templates for Web or Screen implementations available for you to choose from.
Click on the type of display you want to use, e.g. Grid, Squares, Slider, etc. Make sure you chose a Web Display if you want to embed your Social Wall on a Website and a Screen Display if you want to display your Social Wall on a Screen.
The Style Editor for the corresponding type of display does then open on the right-hand side.
Chose a style you like and then click on the different taps to customize the display according to your wishes (Layout, Box Style, Features).
Name your Display and save it.
6. Your personal Display is now saved in the Display panel under the new section «My Displays». To make further changes to the Display, click on the Display and then again on «Edit».
Step 4: Publishing your Display
When you are happy with your Display and you are ready to show it on your website or screen, click on «Publish and Preview».
7. You can now copy the embed code (web) or URL (screen) for your Display. By adjusting the settings you can further customize your Soical Wall.
Learn more about the display settings in this article.
Congratulations! You have set up your first Social Hub or Social Wall. To become a real pro, have a look around our other articles in the Help Center.